momlogic community

Hi I'm new here and my little princess is 2 months old. Long story short, I'm returning to work in a month and I breastfeed. I am pumping in preparation of her going to the sitter. Little mama will not drink from a bottle at all!! I have tried numerous brands, nipples, etc. Any advice, ideas? I cannot go back to work without a remedy. I already feel terrible about going back so soon...

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried having someone else giving her the bottle.. my son would not take it from me, only from other people and I could not even be in the room.
She won't take it from my mom, but I'll keep trying...

Karla said:
Have you tried having someone else giving her the bottle.. my son would not take it from me, only from other people and I could not even be in the room.
Good suggestion from Karla. Infants can smell their mom's milk, so it's possible that your dd won't take a bottle from you because it feels different and she smells your breastmilk. . . she's probably thinking, "hey, what's going on here? I see it, I smell it, but it just don't feel the same in my mouth!" LOL

The trick is to continue introducing the bottle containing your milk. Eventually she'll come to accept the bottle and its new feel in her mouth. Since milk comes out of the bottle easier than the breast, many babies adapt to the bottle because they get their tummy fuller faster.

Brenda Nixon
www.BrendaNixon.com
I always put my milk in the bottle, she's just really stubborn!! I'm weak and cannot let her get really hungry so that she will accept the bottle. I always give in... We're going to keep trying...

Brenda Nixon said:
Good suggestion from Karla. Infants can smell their mom's milk, so it's possible that your dd won't take a bottle from you because it feels different and she smells your breastmilk. . . she's probably thinking, "hey, what's going on here? I see it, I smell it, but it just don't feel the same in my mouth!" LOL

The trick is to continue introducing the bottle containing your milk. Eventually she'll come to accept the bottle and its new feel in her mouth. Since milk comes out of the bottle easier than the breast, many babies adapt to the bottle because they get their tummy fuller faster.

Brenda Nixon
www.BrendaNixon.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Jacquitta McManus posted a status
"(Excerpt) Talee and the Fallen Object http://bit.ly/Y8Q737"
19 hours ago
"(Excerpt) Labyrinth’s Door—Anyia, Dream of a Warrior http://bit.ly/Y8SPWi"
19 hours ago
Jacquitta McManus posted a blog post
19 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for lucky
yesterday
sandra william left a comment for oti
yesterday
sandra william left a comment for cesar sandoval
yesterday
sandra william left a comment for ksitharam
yesterday
"I’m naming this illustration I love my freckles. I love how her nose freckles came out. I hope you can see them. http://bit.ly/1kNZRNd"
Monday

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Momlogic.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service