momlogic community

We have a post up on TMC about boys learning to pee sitting down. Our resident parenting expert, Brett Berk says absolutely! What do you think???

Views: 916

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Worked for my twin boys. This was a start and then they had fun standing up and trying to hit the fruit loops that I put in the potty for them to aim at! Oh what fun potty training was.
My son has been potty trained to pee sitting down which works great since he knows what to do for going #2 too. Our next step is having him stand up.
My twin boys also learned to potty sitting down. I don't see anything wrong with this and is normal until they get old enough to learn to do it standing up.(unless you like to clean urine off the walls)
Absolutely! It is considerate and his future girlfriend/wife will appreciate it. I cannot stand pee on the seat and everywhere else!
Oh yes..my son started like that...now he thanks he has to pee like daddy which not so good he gets it EVERYWHERE!!!.
both of my younger boys were taught to pee sitting down at first. It was easier for them to actually get it in the bowl that way. They are 4 and 7 and still do it. I think my 19 year old does too according to his girlfriend but, I didn't teach him that.
I'm just beginning potty training with my son. I started trying to see if he'd stand and pee... but quickly realized that he's not going to aim right unless I'm standing there holding it for him! Then I read that it's better for them to learn how to pee sitting down, because a lot of the times they will end up pooing and peeing at the same time. SO... I'll be teaching my son to sit at first, and then later he can stand up when he's better able to understand and have more control.

www.keepingthesanity.com
My son is 12 now and I trained him sitting down. they will stand on their own when they see other people doing it in the bathroom. My husband acutally sits to pee!! haha
My son started out this way-- he was used to seeing his mom and older sister! After a vacation where an older boy cousin was around.....he thought it would be cool to do it standing up!
Hey not peeing in you're pants is progress!! My little guy (potty trained for about 3 months now) pee's sitting down as did his to older brothers. Eventually they just started standing, but as long as it makes it into the toilet I'm happy!!
i have three boys their all grown now but when i was potting training them i sat them down first.it was a lot easyer . as they got older i tried standing them up if they couldn't aim tried to show them. well with the first one i did. the other two learned from the older one how to stand up and go . but they all started sitting down.
As I see, most of you have expressed that you have trained your sons to pee sitting down FIRST, but when they are grown up they will or they do stand.

Well, let me tell you some thing then, not bad if you know that in my culture the male people avoid peeing while standing! In my country it's so, as my religion has recommended not to pee while standing, and to do it while sitting or squatting. I know there, they teach the kid when he can stand up, how to pee while standing, but it's not so here. However, I am male and quite healthy, but I don't pee while standing. You should consider that there are many different ways and theologies around the world.

To my own, peeing while standing is a nasty actions, also it does not feet a man's character, that's like you imagine a respectable man standing up still some where, his penis is out and his piss line in front of him! Who made the rule that males MUST stand up while urinating? And don't relate it to the nature, potentially many things are natural as an ability; one can bring it out (gun), aim and kill, but he has choosing power, although he has the ability, but he may not do it if he is sane; one can just bring it out, aim and piss, but does it mean he can not do it in a way but that?

Why stand to pee? Why aim? Aiming is for the time when you are distant to your target and can't be close to it, but when you can be close to it, and if you are sane, you prefer being close to your target than aiming to the target. So sit down and be relax, the name of the place you are doing that in, is rest room! And why you waste your time and energy in cleaning bathrooms? You can save it for more useful affairs by reducing the need of bathroom to be cleaned!

As for those who say "peeing while standing is of a few pleasures of a man!", I should say that a man is more valuable than way of peeing places as his pleasure and property! It does not fit a man to consider that as his worth! Men have more valuable special abilities to be mentioned! And as for those who say "peeing while standing is much easier than doing it while sitting or squatting", I should say that bending over and pulling down pants, and keeping a part of panties down for a while and aim for a while both need an attempt; and the fact that which one is easier for a person depends on habit. The way in which one's habit is based on, is easier for that one, and to which you habit, it will be easier for you! As God has made the ability of peeing while standing easily in guys, it must have an advantage, and yes it has. In men's jobs some times urgent situations happen, and some times they have to do some thing in a short time when the speed is important, and some times men have situations that they can't sit or squat or are in places where sitting or squatting is not easily possible; in such times they can use their ability of peeing while standing easily. But these urgent times just some times happen, not always! So I think there should be a project for men to stop, or to say better, manage peeing while standing. One group are already doing that and their site is: http://www.mapsu.org . As I mentioned, there are some occations when it's needed to pee standing up, then it happens for both men and women! So what should women do? So easy, they can instantly pee standing up using a small device, one is here: http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html .
However, it will be great if the current way of peeing of guys in toilets and bathrooms, in the most parts of the world changes. And I hope those of you that have not switched your son's peeing into standing form, won't do it and let them remain on sitting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Jacquitta McManus posted a status
"(Excerpt) Talee and the Fallen Object http://bit.ly/Y8Q737"
17 hours ago
"(Excerpt) Labyrinth’s Door—Anyia, Dream of a Warrior http://bit.ly/Y8SPWi"
17 hours ago
Jacquitta McManus posted a blog post
17 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for lucky
22 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for oti
22 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for cesar sandoval
22 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for ksitharam
22 hours ago
"I’m naming this illustration I love my freckles. I love how her nose freckles came out. I hope you can see them. http://bit.ly/1kNZRNd"
Monday

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Momlogic.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service