momlogic community

Does anyone know of good ways to promote an online business? I recently upgraded my online store and want to reach the whole North American market - but the battle is in promoting (and not spamming) on the Internet!

The store does ok now but I want to take it to the next level and make it our financial freedom so I can focus solely on this business (instead of my other day job) and be able to bring in the other products my customers ask for.

Any advice, sites you know of, blogging groups etc?

And if anyone has time I'd LOVE your opinion of the store (ie. ease of use, visual appeal, any errors etc.)

It is a Chemical free products store with over 530 products - and it's been mainly built by customer requests since last year!

http://Shop.NaturaleGREEN.ca   is the store. Thanks for anyone who has some advice!

Tags: advice, blogs, business, ecommerce, marketing, online, shopping, store

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The best way to get product and website recognition is through popular blogs. You can advertise your 125x125 ad on blogs for fairly affordable prices. There are organic and "green" blogs that offer product reviews and giveaways to promote your company, some are free and some may charge for written ad posts. You can email the blogger and see if they are willing to try to product and give an honest opinion. Giveaways, in my opinion, create the most buzz. Become involved in social networking as well: twitter, facebook, ect. Are you out of Canada? There are some popular blogs from Canada you may want to contact: My Wee View, My Organized Chaos, Organic Girl. You can also become a part of She Blogs.org, The Product Review Place, Blog Friendly PR. These are some companies that connect you with bloggers.

Hope this helps!
Another ways to promote your online business is visiting blogs and leaving your comments and link to your store, Moms clubs and networks help too!.
Tati
http://Groovybabyblog.blogspot.com
You can promote your store without promoting it by using twitter to give useful facts and information that will attract people to want more info about you. A facebook fan page is great too. You can promote contests and drive people to your blog or website. Also, subscribe to HARO (help a reporter out). It offers free PR leads from reporters looking to do stories on a number of topics. I've been interviewed many times through HARO. Good luck!
That totally helps - thanks so much! I haven't heard of those but I'll go check them out!

Beth Grund said:
The best way to get product and website recognition is through popular blogs. You can advertise your 125x125 ad on blogs for fairly affordable prices. There are organic and "green" blogs that offer product reviews and giveaways to promote your company, some are free and some may charge for written ad posts. You can email the blogger and see if they are willing to try to product and give an honest opinion. Giveaways, in my opinion, create the most buzz. Become involved in social networking as well: twitter, facebook, ect. Are you out of Canada? There are some popular blogs from Canada you may want to contact: My Wee View, My Organized Chaos, Organic Girl. You can also become a part of She Blogs.org, The Product Review Place, Blog Friendly PR. These are some companies that connect you with bloggers.

Hope this helps!
Excellant - thank you so much. I do Tweet and FB and Blog (as well as write articles) but I'll check out the HARO as well!

Marilyn said:
You can promote your store without promoting it by using twitter to give useful facts and information that will attract people to want more info about you. A facebook fan page is great too. You can promote contests and drive people to your blog or website. Also, subscribe to HARO (help a reporter out). It offers free PR leads from reporters looking to do stories on a number of topics. I've been interviewed many times through HARO. Good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Jacquitta McManus posted a status
"I’m naming this illustration I love my freckles. I love how her nose freckles came out. I hope you can see them. http://bit.ly/1kNZRNd"
Monday
"Cassidy: I Didn't Do It... http://bit.ly/1mNYVby"
Apr 4
Doris Anne Beaulieu posted a video

Fun Dolphin Birthday Cake

Have fun with it and give it a try. A Dolphin Birthday Cake is special for those of all ages and makes for a good conversation piece.Hope you enjoy it and sh...
Mar 28

Public Opinion Of All Drivers Wanted

I need to see if I'm right or not so I want every driver who ever hit a mail box to please give me your opinion on this video.If you know of anyone who had a...
Mar 19
"My radio interview last night with host William Hayashi on Genesis Science Fiction Radio was a lot of fun... http://bit.ly/1gyxkDk"
Mar 15

Woodpecker's Justice Story Of 1891

A horribly sad story,but one we can learn from so pass this video to all those you know with kids and bird loves.Interesting fact that needs to be shared.
Mar 14
Jamielee Kimball and BrEnDa are now friends
Mar 10
Jacquitta McManus commented on Momlogic's group Blogging Mamas
Mar 9

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Momlogic.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service