momlogic community

One mother is pressing charges against her own son after he crashed and was found driving under the influence. In addition to the DUI and driving without a license, this mother is asking that he be brought up on charges for stealing the car. One of six children, there is no sympathy from siblings while he sits in juvenile hall for the weekend while the seriousness of his actions sets in.

Is her love for her son TOO tough? Or do you think this mother has the right idea when it comes to discipline? TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS HERE!

Click HERE to read more...

Tags: charges, logic, mom, pressing, teenagers

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How is your son now? I was advised to press charges against my son who severed my tendon in my ring finger. There had been many incidences in the past so this was the final straw. He has not been allowed to come near me since March. I love him but knew he was off the rails and his father (we are separated) continues to enable him and create a neverland where there is no responsibility. I wonder if he'll ever speak to me again and understand that I had to follow through with this consequence when he was still a youth or he would be in greater trouble when he turned 18.

melody mcbride said:
Kudos for mom, kids need to learn that there are consequences for every action they do period, the harder you are on them the harder they push back, and the harder we as parents need to be. I can't get over the lax and lazy nature of some parents these days, they would rather sit and parent from the armchair then get up and do something about their kids behavior and then wonder why there kid is so out of control later. I mean honestly do they have to ask?! I also am a mom that turned her underage 17 yr old son in for drinking, being drunk, and assaulting his 13 yr old brother by drop kicking the front door at a dead run and slamming his brother's arm in it, and you know what I would do it again.
Yes, I would press charges, she did what she had to do. He could have killed someone and how would you explain to the other parent that you might have been able to prevent this from happening. I fell we as parents need to take back our roles as parents not their friends, not their equal .but their parents
I do feel that we need to be parents and if our children aren't being responsible for their actions ,then you are left with no choice. This Mom is doing the right thing. I would also stand by him letting him know that certain actions will not be tolerated.
We all love our children and want them to have the best. Sometimes we have to protect them this way.
yes indeed have a son that ws steady getting into troublebut grannie would get him out every time so when she needed him before she died he was too drunk to help now she is dead and of course he is in jail
I DON'T KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES OR THE FAMILY, IN THIS SITUATION IT SOUNDS LIKE A REALLY DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY AND A KID WHO REALLY NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP, NOT JAIL, SO IN THIS SITUATION I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS PARENTS DECISION. THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN EASY WAY OUT FOR A PARENT WHO PROBABLY ISN'T A GOOD PARENT.

HOWEVER, IF I HAD A CHILD I KNEW WAS A SOCIOPATH, IF MY CHILD KILLED OR INJURED AN ANIMAL, WAS BEHAVING VIOLENTLY, BEFORE IT GOT TO THE POINT MY CHILD TOOK THAT NEXT STEP, MEANING MURDER, ETC., AS MUCH AS I LOVED MY CHILD, I WOULD DEFINITELY SEEK OUT PROFESSIONAL HELP, ON THE ADVICE OF THAT INFORMATION, (AND I WOULD SEEK OUT EXTENSIVE PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION) FOR MY CHILD, I WOULD DEFINITELY INSTITUTIONAL MY CHILD NOT IN PRISON, BUT IN A REALLY GOOD PSYCHIATRIC FACILITY.
I just read all the replies from all of you, (especially those of you who have been asaulted by their child or have a child with a drug and/or drinking problems) PLEASE UNDERSTAND I AM NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS, I AM NOT CALLING ANY OF YOU BAD PARENTS.

BUT, WHAT KIND OF HELP DID YOU GET FOR THIS CHILD BEFORE THESE INCIDENTS HAPPENED,(THEIR ARE ALWAYS WARNING SIGNS,) BEFORE JAIL I FIRMLY BELIEVE IN GETTING TO THE "ROOT" OF THE PROBLEM AND THAT INVOLVES EXTENSIVE PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION BY QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS.
Teens today are incredible. So many parents have the mind set " I want my child to have it better than I did ", and in trying to achieve this so many of them fail to teach their children very basic and important life lessons. Responsible parenting is " TOUGH " and it creates responsible adults. We as a society need many more mothers like this one. She's a great example to those who think they should shelter and protect their kids from their own stupid and irresponsible decisicions and behavior. There are consequenses for for this type of conduct. Hats off to this mother!
Amen. Be parental disciplinarians from the start and not buddies or friends. Parents have to do it all. Lovivg, care giving, provider etc. but they also must teach respect and discipline.

michelle gibson said:
Yes, I would press charges, she did what she had to do. He could have killed someone and how would you explain to the other parent that you might have been able to prevent this from happening. I fell we as parents need to take back our roles as parents not their friends, not their equal .but their parents
Christine Hogan said:
Amen. Be parental disciplinarians from the start and not buddies or friends. Parents have to do it all. Lovivg, care giving, provider etc. but they also must teach respect and discipline.

michelle gibson said:
IT HAS BEEN PROVEN JAIL IS NOT A SOLUTON, IT DOESN'T TEACH A CHILD ANYTHING OF VALUE, PUTTING A YOUNG MAN OR GIRL WITH A GROUP OF HARD CORE CRIMINALS IS NOT ONLY DANGEROUS (HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU FOUND OUT YOUR CHILD HAD BEEN RAPED WHILE IN JAIL?) IT DOES HAPPEN TOO OFTEN, IN TODAYS' SOCIETY KIDS REALLY HAVE FAR MORE STRESSORS THAN WE EVER DID GROWING UP, WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT CAUSING THE PROBLEM, IT COULD BE BULLYING, ETC., WHO KNOWS, A PARENT ISN'T GOING TO FIND OUT BY SUBJECTING A CHILD TO SUCH A HARSH AND DANGEROUS PUNISHMENT AS JAIL.

LET'S TRY TO SAVE THESE KIDS, LETS FIND OUT WHAT'S WRONG, THAT'S WHAT THERAPISTS AND PSYCHIATRISTS DO AND VERY EFFECTIVELY, IT MAY BE THE CHILD HAS A PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEM THAT MEDICATION CAN CHANGE. YES WE NEED TO TEACH A CHILD RESPECT, YES A CHILD NEEDS DISCIPLINE, BUT YES A CHILD NEEDS NURTURING, LOVE AND CARE, AND IF A CHILD IS ACTING IRRATIONALLY WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHY....
A good compropmse mght be pandora online something your chikldren want, wich cheap pandora will also be usefdul for them & you. Last year, scooter pandora charm for one of the boys was pandora charms australia a big hit as he cuild whistle down thomas sabo charms the street at him, then thomas charms fold it & put it in the bag thomas sabo bracelet when he juumped on the bus or pandora beads want to go inside the shopping center ... Not bad thomas sabo watches for investment in accordance with $ 100.00. It thomas watches saved me from going to take him with his bicycle many timse troughout the year. This Christmas does not maztter
I have to say, I dont know if its the clashing colours or the bad grammar, but this blog is hideous! I mean, I dont want to sound like a know-it-all or anything, but could you have possibly put a little bit more effort into this subject. Its really interesting, but you dont represent it well at all, man.
cheap nhl youth jerseys

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Jacquitta McManus posted a status
"I’m naming this illustration I love my freckles. I love how her nose freckles came out. I hope you can see them. http://bit.ly/1kNZRNd"
yesterday
Doris Anne Beaulieu posted a video

Amazing Castle Birthday Cake

This is not only amazing,but for a special little girl name Kara who is my Grand-daughter on her third birthday.This little girl is special because she takes...
Saturday
"Cassidy: I Didn't Do It... http://bit.ly/1mNYVby"
Apr 4

My Interview With Fox 22 News

Here is my complete interview with Fox 22 News on changing laws to stop people from hiding behind their authority and bring justice to all.
Apr 2

Fun Dolphin Birthday Cake

Have fun with it and give it a try. A Dolphin Birthday Cake is special for those of all ages and makes for a good conversation piece.Hope you enjoy it and sh...
Mar 28

Public Opinion Of All Drivers Wanted

I need to see if I'm right or not so I want every driver who ever hit a mail box to please give me your opinion on this video.If you know of anyone who had a...
Mar 19
"My radio interview last night with host William Hayashi on Genesis Science Fiction Radio was a lot of fun... http://bit.ly/1gyxkDk"
Mar 15

Woodpecker's Justice Story Of 1891

A horribly sad story,but one we can learn from so pass this video to all those you know with kids and bird loves.Interesting fact that needs to be shared.
Mar 14

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Momlogic.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service