momlogic community

I recently saw a news report about a mom who had turned to stripping to support her two young children. It made me start thinking ... would I do that if I lost my job and needed to support my family? It took me about three seconds to come to the decision, "Hell yeah!!!" If someone would let me (and not throw up :) and I could actually make money doing it, I would ABSOLUTELY start stripping.
What do you think about this? What would you resort to if you had to support your children? How far would you go? Where would you draw the line? I'd love to hear from you all.

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the response but why aren't strippers good role models? Just because someone takes off their clothes for a living doesn't mean that they aren't a good parent. That seems very narrow minded to me. Also, if you couldn't find work in your chosen profession where else could you make $500 a night? You could work 3-4 nights a week and spend all the rest of the time with your children - I think that's better than earning minimum wage and spending all day away from them. Just my opinion.
If I didn't have stretchmarks or a flabby stomach, oh and if I wasn;'t married in a bad economy where there is a shortage of jobs, yet some men have $ to give away to strippers then, sure why not I would strip and take their moula to feed my children.
From what I've been reading a lot more men are going to strip clubs now so I think there is money to be made. I also understand that a lot of mothers who have lost high paying jobs are applying for these types of jobs. I know it's by no means the ideal profession but I completely agree with you and if they'd take me :) and I had too you would definitely see me strutting my (jiggly) stuff.

tania said:
If I didn't have stretchmarks or a flabby stomach, oh and if I wasn;'t married in a bad economy where there is a shortage of jobs, yet some men have $ to give away to strippers then, sure why not I would strip and take their moula to feed my children.
As a mother you are meant to provide for your children by all means. So i would say yes. I would rather do this and suck in my pride than to have my child go hungry. Sorry all other saint mothers!
Thank you very much for coming to momlogic's community and taking the time to respond to this discussion. I completely agree with you!

Mrs Wynn said:
As a mother you are meant to provide for your children by all means. So i would say yes. I would rather do this and suck in my pride than to have my child go hungry. Sorry all other saint mothers!
I would and have...
No.
thats tempting but I think I would rather work at Mcdonalds or something. i have 3 girls and would never want them to go that route, so i have to set the example. i guess its hard for most of us to say what we would do since we arent found in that situation. but i would definitely try to get another job before thining I would have to strip for $$$...lol...
I'm blessed to be very creative, crafty, clever, resourceful, loaded with ingenuity, favored, blessed with a generous extended family and a mouth that works perfectly fine. Oh and did I say abundantly BLESSED!
But if I ran out of all that and had no other options...show me the pole.

Often we have not because you ask not,
Cynthia aka Mommy Dearest
I would not strip ever, but that's just me. I understand why women do it because you need to understand where someone has come from to understand why they choose to go "there". I have the type of pride for my body that does not allow me to let men adore me in that way and pay me for it. Yet I understand that some women, to them, it is a differend feeling for them. Just like some people can take scary movies and rides, I can't so I don'r engage. Basically to each his own. I would never put someoe down for doing it, but I just couldn't because it does not fit into who I am as a person.
Yep I actually know a stripper and she works in a not so sleazy place where lap dances are not allowed she simply dances the pole so to speak. She makes a fortune only has to work a few nights a week supports her family has a nice home and car. Her kids want for nothing. They know she is a dancer but not a stripper (they are young) She used to work a "normal" job but laid off which was just as well she used to rely on daycare to raise her kids now she raises them herself. She also used to be broke a lot and stressed now she is not. She does not go home with these men - they go home to their wives LOL. She is just an entertainer who just happens to be naked. I would do it if I had the body for it.

On another note I have a son who is in his early 20's that went with a group of his friends to a strip bar (not the one she works at) anyway we were talking about it and he was saying they were the only guys in the place and the strippers were real nice they sat down and were talking about school and things with them LOL then my son actually said yeah but these women were old anyway like 30 or something LOL - I just thought this was the funniest story but my son may never go to a strip club again.
Even though our economy is struggling I'm blessed to have a very supportive husband. If he wasn't there and all of my creative ideas to make money dwindled........I really don't know!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Jacquitta McManus posted a status
"(Excerpt) Talee and the Fallen Object http://bit.ly/Y8Q737"
yesterday
"(Excerpt) Labyrinth’s Door—Anyia, Dream of a Warrior http://bit.ly/Y8SPWi"
yesterday
Jacquitta McManus posted a blog post
yesterday
sandra william left a comment for lucky
yesterday
sandra william left a comment for oti
yesterday
sandra william left a comment for cesar sandoval
yesterday
sandra william left a comment for ksitharam
yesterday
"I’m naming this illustration I love my freckles. I love how her nose freckles came out. I hope you can see them. http://bit.ly/1kNZRNd"
Apr 14

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Momlogic.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service