momlogic community

Information

Autism

For moms of children living with autism to share their experiences and seek advice.

Members: 48
Latest Activity: Mar 1, 2011

Attention Bloggers

This group does not have a designated blogger. If you are a mom with a blog who is interested in leading the discussion in your local area or passion group, please contact Blogger Help.

Discussion Forum

This Week on 24/7 MOMS - Two NIGHTS two SHOWS

Started by 24/7 Moms Mar 1, 2011.

AUTISM 2 Replies

Started by donna miller. Last reply by doublemam Apr 22, 2010.

Autistic kids going to college 1 Reply

Started by Lynn Deiter. Last reply by karenmed409 Feb 1, 2010.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Autism to add comments!

Comment by desirea santillana on January 21, 2011 at 9:37am
in the process of trying to conceive baby #3 and our daughter 2 1/2 was just diagnosed with being on the high end of the autism spectrum.. does anyone have advice on how their child interacts with a younger sibling?
Comment by kim mccafferty on May 27, 2010 at 9:01am
Hi Sharla! What do you have specific questions about?
Comment by kim mccafferty on May 26, 2010 at 12:15pm
Hi everyone! I'm the mom of two young children on the autism spectrum, both boys (surprise!). My oldest son presented with classic autism as a young infant, and despite a great deal of progress remains moderately affected. My youngest regressed at twenty months and is considered to be at the milder end of the spectrum, and continues to progress beautifully. They are both wonderful boys.

Due to my various experiences with two different types of autism (and eventually residing in two different states as well) I've begun a blog, autismmommytherapist.wordpress.com/, in which I've been recounting daily life with my sons. I've written numerous pieces about how to cope with the situation while retaining your sanity, and have recently included a weekly piece called "Tuesday Tips", where I invite other experienced autism moms and therapists to share practical suggestions related to different topics within the framework of autism.

I hope this will be of interest to some of you, and will offer help, hope, and solace. I have just joined this chat room and will be visiting regularly. I've been at the autism gig for six years now, and am finally at a wonderful place with my family. I wish the same for everyone.

My best to all of you.
Comment by Sharla Kuykendall on April 19, 2010 at 6:41pm
Hi Blogging Mama's with special needs kids. I'm really excieted about joining. Well, I already posted a blogg. Maybe I should have come here first. If you have any ideas please give me a shout out. Thank you soooo much.
Comment by Artistasoyyo on February 22, 2010 at 3:10pm
To all new moms and old with children with Autism welcome. At first its difficult and you don't want to believe anything is wrong with my child. The signs are they act like they don't hear you or listen. Then they dont day a word or very little. They mummble a lot.They don't communicate well as a normal child his age. Then you'll see the body movements, the hand jestures, and the sounds they make or don't make. They don't like to be touched or held. Potty train comes very late in they're toddler years. My son was 6 when he finally was toilet trained. Have you child evaluated soon before going to pre-k or Kinder. And get all the info you need from the social worker and the right help and special programs he should have. God Bless and hang in there.
Comment by Artistasoyyo on February 22, 2010 at 3:00pm
Hi Special Moms, It's been awhile since I came here to chat. Been sooo busy. Hope everyone is well. I finally finished a book I did about my son ..the title is " J.D's Never Ending Adventures". It has illustrations too I did. I'm looking for a good publisher so I can publish it but that it dosen't put a hole in my wallet. I'll have some of the story on my site if any one is interested to get an idea about the book and understand more about Autism. But it's an issue that I'm still learning from each day and as he gets older too. It's based on my experience with my son and what has happened in the past and present...but it's all in cartoon charactors that are fictional as well as the story it self. But the idea is fiction has how my son behaves. I will keep you posted.
Comment by donna miller on July 25, 2009 at 12:46am
my grandson has AUTISM and sometimes i just dont understand or know what to do hes only 23years old......seeking advice
Comment by Amy Domestico on July 13, 2009 at 11:22am
Life as an Adult on the Autism Spectrum and Cultural Stigmas http://budurl.com/Autism713
Comment by Carolyn Cutter on June 19, 2009 at 5:20pm
It looks like this group has been calm for some time. I'm sure there are moms out there trying to deal with Autism. Whether you've just found out about it or whether you've been dealing with Autism in your family for quite some time, we're all here to help each other and support one another with a "hello" or an "I'm going crazy today, somebody please listen" support is about just listening, talking, friendship, and sharing ideas and tips to get through the day.
Comment by RP Mom on March 24, 2009 at 2:37pm
Hi Moms!! Hope you are all having a wonderful day!! I wanted to invite you all to join one of our new groups, the Special Need group. In this group moms can speak openly about life with a child with special needs, a place where we can all support, share ideas and encourage one another. I am so happy to see so many of you in this group!!! You all rock!!!

http://community.momlogic.com/group/specialneeds

Members (46)

Latest Activity

Jacquitta McManus posted a status
"(Excerpt) Talee and the Fallen Object http://bit.ly/Y8Q737"
9 hours ago
"(Excerpt) Labyrinth’s Door—Anyia, Dream of a Warrior http://bit.ly/Y8SPWi"
9 hours ago
Jacquitta McManus posted a blog post
9 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for lucky
15 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for oti
15 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for cesar sandoval
15 hours ago
sandra william left a comment for ksitharam
15 hours ago
"I’m naming this illustration I love my freckles. I love how her nose freckles came out. I hope you can see them. http://bit.ly/1kNZRNd"
Monday

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Momlogic.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service