An age-old question still plagues men: What do women want? And perhaps more importantly: When do they want it? Even Sigmund Freud was unable to resolve that question, although formal and informal research shows that the top five “wants” are:
#5: Good income (which translates to security)
#4: Physical attractiveness
and #1: Love
(Yes, love is #1 above all else according to various studies).
But much of this is very general, and is still rooted in primal mating rituals. After a relationship has grown and you’re staring across the breakfast table from the same person.. what is it they REALLY want… long and short-term? I’ve started this list based on what I’ve learned, what I’ve observed, and conversation. I invite ALL women (and men!) to add to this list.
• their partner to talk with them, not talk at them.
• to be listened to, not merely heard.
• to vent and discuss their thoughts, without a man automatically trying to solve their problems.
• to be emotionally connected to their partner as equals in their relationships.
• to be respected.
• the freedom to be strong and bold, but the security to let their guard down with their partner.
• to be vulnerable and feminine.
• a man to always remember that he’s a gentleman throughout a relationship… not just when first dating.
• their partner to know that whatever happens in the bedroom doesn’t need to be discussed with friends… and it certainly doesn’t set the tone for the relationship outside the bedroom.
• more than five minutes of foreplay.
• romance over material things.
• to trust and be trusted.
• a man to have a great sense of humor.
• to feel desired.
• men to remember that they were women first… and wives/mothers/girlfriends second.